My first blog
Hi to all the people who read my blog. I hope you will like to know more about me.
I come from a small village situated on the banks of holy river GANGES in INDIA. The region around has fertile fields and mango orchards. A small river flows nearby. The landscape is really magical and early morning sunrise shall make the day beautiful. Deep down the history lane Our forefathers migrated from the desert region which now is called Rajasthan. Under the great pressure of toll taking famines, which were a frequent phenomenon during the previous century. During one such famine our ancestors took an emotionally hard desicion to leave the native land of our ancestors and move bag and baggage along with our families and cattle wealth, to a more life sustaining region in the neighourhood of Delhi on the bank of river Yamuna. After a stay of few years and facing the hostility of nearby muslim population and the British soldiers, the elders decided for another wave of migration. This time the march was for hundred miles east on the banks of river ganges.
The local ruler was a benevolent king who was only glad to recieve a migrant family of a warrior class. This was in the second decade of nineteenth century. Like the Japanese Samurai or lords and Knights these Kshatrias or warrior family stuck hard to the court politics for survival not only against the local rulers but also against the hostile English rulers. These were the days of British hegemony and any thing against British rule was not tolerated and severely crushed,but the wisdom, hardwork and diplomacy of the elders in the family brought better days. The family soon became the feudal lords of the region. They soon became friends of the ruling race and were decorated for their services. The havelis or the mansions became the party place where the British and natives met. The stories of friendship, love and enemity emerged. The rest is the tale of rise and fall of the migrant family.
I hail from that family which witnessed the love and hostility of British rulers. Amid this history I was born. After schooling from a local christian school, I went for higher studies to the sacred city of Allahabad where I did my postgraduation in history and later devoted myself to law studies. Presently dedicated to literary studies and writing. My interests are literary and like to go for writing. Till date written few stories and poems which are unpublished. I intend to write on this migrant family a biographical novel.
Do leave your comments and views and possible suggestions for my future book. They would be highly appreciated.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home